Goals and Objectives for 0-6 Network are:
- To network with other services that serve the population of 0 to 6 years for the purpose of sharing up to date information on those services:
- general meetings at least 3 times per year.
- each meeting provide opportunity to share and update service info.
- maintain an up-to-date mailing list for all agencies.
- To promote and support efficient use of resources for the 0 to 6 population :
- identify any overlaps or gaps in service.
- refer to existing services rather than duplicate a service.
- encourage related agencies to work collaboratively.
- To be proactive about the needs of young children in our community and increase awareness of their needs.
- Appointed members of the Network will attend Greater Nanaimo Early Years Partnership and raise issues as directed by the general meeting or steering committee. They will also act as the communication link between the two groups.
- Network members will encourage and support parents to take issues to Greater Nanaimo Early Years Partnership or to the steering committee members who will bring those issues forward at general meetings.